Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Update

Hey guys, I haven't had a chance to post that short story yet (it will be posted here shortly); I have been crazy busy.

In January I have a short story that will be featured in an anthology called "Almost" from my publisher Supposed Crimes.  The story was quite a challenge for me but I feel it worked out really well and I'm quite proud of it.  I hope you all will pick up the book/ebook when it comes out.  Great writers, great stories; readers should love it.

In February (I believe) my first poetry book "Gun Control for Polar Bears" will be out.  The poems are pretty different from what I'm used to writing.  I had them all for some time and my wife had been pushing me to get it out and I did, not thinking anything would come of it.  As a writer I get more rejections than I get 'hello's so it was a shock when SC had taken such an interest in it.  Lyrically and poetically I feel it's some of my best stuff in that area.

Both books can be ordered at www.supposedcrimes.com when available.

From October of last year to May of this year I wrote 10 screenplays.  One of them is SISTERS which was posted on her before - I hope you all give a moment to read it because it's gooood; really different from my other stuff.  More "mature" as much as it pains me to say in that way haha.  Some of the others I'm keeping as scripts and trying to get them pitched while others, after closer inspection, I felt aren't really working in that format so I'm reformatting into more of a book form.  After combining three of the horror scripts into an anthology I'll be sending it into my publishers.  The transferring from script to book is almost done; 3 stories of bloody mayhem and carnage.

I've also just sent in the first draft of my first sci-fi book!  I'm very excited about it and will be doing another draft on it soon.

An update on my comic book Tourniquet with my friend and artist Dennis Magnant: after going through troubles with 2 different letterers from the beginning I finally stepped up and did it myself and it doesn't look half-bad.  Actually, we're quite proud of how it looks.  Dennis compared it to the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic; with its black and white indie edge style.  So Tourniquet's had a short death and long resurrection and we're proud of the results.  Now it's just time to start getting it pushed out there.

So, as you can see, I've been very busy.  And all of this is only part of it as I've got a lot of other projects I've been tinkering with.  I hope you all will help support this writer's dream and check out my work.  I think you'll enjoy it all.  More will be announced closer to time.

-CMC

No comments:

Post a Comment