Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Dr. Ernesto


As you might've seen on my Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram accounts I'd been posting photos of a crazy old man doing silly things.  Welllllll let me take the time to explain.  My dad and I were always fans of schlocky late night horror hosts.  Me being an art nerd, I was always coming up with different projects.  Years ago, probably 5-6 years back, I thought of one he and I could do together.  His name is Ernest Lee Carter, though her goes by Ernie, and a common nickname I'd heard him called growing up was Ernesto.  Thinking about people like Dr. Demento I called it Dr. Ernesto.  We had him dress up in overalls, a dress jacket, and a hat, along with any extras.  Dad's like Jonathan Winters in which you could give him anything for a prop and he could do something with it.  We had him dressed up as our character, gave him props, and just let him go to town while I took the photos.  It was summer and incredibly hot so we were both sweating a TON; so much so that I had to clean off my camera in between shots.  In the lengthy time in between the shots being taken and being seen I was in a marriage that fell apart as well as other projects that fell apart in the process.  Though I'd lost some of what we shot I managed to keep an envelope full of photos.  In a new, healthier marriage and embarking on new projects, I finally scanned and posted the pictures.  Throughout that time my dad was constantly asking me what happened to them so he was happy when they finally surfaced.

Sometime soon we'll be doing some different kind of stuff with Dr. Ernesto.  We both look forward to revisiting and having some fun with the character.



























No comments:

Post a Comment