Friday, October 27, 2017

Beyond the Wall - Out Now!

My second surprise release of 2017 is out now! Beyond the Wall is my second self-publication and the ebook is available through Amazon.

With Last Rites of the Capacitance around the corner (5 days!) this year has been a productive one of older material. Much like how my poetry work is from many moons ago, and like its brethren Sharp Items & Bad Intentions, Beyond the Wall had been chillin' in some files for a bit. Other than some small connections, the two horror anthologies share a history in their form. I stated a few posts back that the stories in Sharp Items began as individual screenplays and that's how the majority of Beyond the Wall came about. I transferred the style from the screenplay to this and sat on it for a while as I tended to other things. I sent it to my aunt Wanda Hoffman, who edited Sharp Items, and she cleaned it up for me to get it presentable.

The stories have a framing story. The tales within come from different places. The first, Destination Unclear, came from a messed up dream I had. The dream itself is featured as a scene in the story. The second, Bad Day, was actually a little short script I had originally written just after high school. When it comes to ideas and stories, I'm a packrat, so it stuck around until I converted it for this anthology. This story was actually a last minute inclusion as the entirety of Beyond the Wall was all done and finished as a complete anthology screenplay ala Creepshow. It was included after the script was converted. The third, Switchblade Nuns, was another old idea of mine just floating around in my head. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with it so it eventually came in handy when writing the screenplay. The same can be said for the fourth tale, Mounted. Originally title The Mounting, this story was conceived around the same time as Switchblade Nuns and, like that story, it sat around among various file folders full of stories and ideas. While it retains the same brutality of Sharp Items & Bad Intentions, Beyond the Wall is a bit more multicolored. A gruesome set of stories told to us by a rather calm, albeit eccentric gentleman. If you enjoy a quick read, it's only $1 on Amazon. Check it out now!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076W3Q54Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1509117088&sr=1-1


No comments:

Post a Comment