Wednesday, March 9, 2016

First Reading!

Last Thursday I was invited to Poetry Week at MU Adult Day Connection in Columbia, Mo, by my wonderful Aunt Wanda Hoffman.  It was the first actual reading of my career.  I was nervous as I'm not a great public speaker/reader but had a good time.  She and I read some poems from my book and some my father wrote.  I answered some questions and told some stories about writing and rejections.   I'd like to do it again sometime. Afterwards my Aunt brought me a little stuffed polar bear and it looks JUST like the one on the cover of my book.  Things are rolling.  This year I had my first book released, an interview with a local newspaper, and a reading. 

I hope you all pick up a copy of Gun Control for Polar Bears and feel free to let me know what you think.

Right now I'm working on multiple books: a crazy anthology I'm co-writing with my wife, a horror anthology I'm doing solo, a dark sci-fi novel, and I'm looking to self publish some works.
#staygrinding

No comments:

Post a Comment