Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Good Publisher is like having a Good Co-Writer

While still awaiting replies from publishers for my horror anthology "Sharp Items & Bad Intentions" I'm working hard on my first sci-fi novel "Last Rites of the Capacitance" and I'm absolutely loving it.  The deeper I dig into it and the more I rewrite and reformat the more I fall in love with it.  It's becoming way more than what the initial draft was. 

Being a music fan, I've always heard musicians talk about how having a good producer is like having another member of the band.  Well, I can honestly say, having a good publisher is like having a really good co-writer.  Christy Case and myself are really working hard to give you all a fantastic piece of science fiction.  Her notes are very much like I have a co-writer who knows exactly what I'm looking for in such a story.  

I have notes on a second sci-fi book tailored to Supposed Crimes and will be writing an outline soon.  It's not a sequel to Last Rites and actually, despite being science fiction, it's a completely different kind of book.  I have more sci-fi books in me but they don't really match up with the LGBT things that Supposed Crimes usually does.  Who knows, if the first and hopefully second book sell well then maybe I'll get to have them published through them.  

There are so many things I have in store and I hope you all check them out when they're released.  The poetry book is still available.  There are still stories and comic scripts on here.  Other things are on the rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment