Thursday, January 18, 2018

Let's catch up

Been working a lot, as you know because I've been spamming and bothering you all with it haha. It's been weird. It's almost like the closer I get, the further away I get, and vice versa - if that makes sense.

As everyone surely knows, writing can often be a lonely thing. You can get kinda trapped in a cycle where you inadvertently and subconsciously shut everything and everyone out. A lot of writers have weird quirks or rituals in order to do what they do. I honestly just require solitude. But in that desire for solitude and a focused nature, I end up trapped in this funk. Sometimes I'll only leave the house when I need to or speak to people when I need to - this has nothing to do with writing or the nature of a writer (I don't believe so anyway) but just my own issues.

And dealing with these issues interrupts a lot whether that be work-rlated or personal and social. It's a strange feeling that the thing you need is also the thing that could be potentially bad for you. It's a balancing act we all have to master to our own degree.

I'll write in spurts and other times I don't want to think about it. Anxiety issues go through the roof at times. I'v been trying to get into shape but my health likes to derail that when possible. I'll be doing well and seeing results and then my spine will 'act up'. Just last Saturday I woke up to find myself paralyzed from the waist down. I could neither feel my legs nor move them - redundant, I know, but I wanted to be clear. It took me a while to will them back to functional and, even after that, had a shaky unsure feeling like they might go again soon. That afternoon my wife and I went to lunch and I had to stop mid-meal because of sharp back pain. Since then my structure - mainly spine and spreading out - has felt weak and unstable. It continues to interrupt workout, walking, and of course living in general. I'm currently trying to get it all back up to strength.

All that aside, I'm hoping I can get more done and out soon. Books are still available of course and I think Last Rites of the Capacitance is finally picking up steam. I've been posting little short scripts on here and have more to put up. I hope you give them a read. I've got some different kinds of things to self publish soon. I really can't wait to get back to writing for 52 Weeks of Horror but time has been an issue as of late. Just taking on more and more without giving myself much breathing room. I had to step away from the slew of articles I was working on for them due to personal issues but they've been really wonderful and supportive. I've been using all this other work to work through those issues and I think I should be getting back to it shortly.

So yeah, it's late and I'm done rambling. I hope you have a peaceful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment