Friday, April 15, 2016

Followup: vampires and updates

I hope you've enjoyed the vampire shorts.  I can tell you bits of the larger world would include vampires named Froy and Aleksander running a human vineyard, trying to get just the right blood.  More drama would surround Frank and those close to him.  Vernon and Lilith from "Long in the Tooth" would make returns as well with one story being Vernon avenging the girl's father's death, and the other being Lilith returning as an adult, quite hardened.  It's quite a bit of tiny puzzle pieces that wouldn't exactly be in order, much like these 4 stories have been posted.
Again, as I've said in the past posts, I'd be interested in going back to that world once things calm down for Chris and I.  I think this kind of project works great for us as I don't know a bigger fan of Vampires than Chris Langley (or Chris2.0) and I'm a writer who enjoys twisting things around from the norm.  It was fun to go back briefly to show you all; I had forgotten just how sprawling and different it was, despite you all only getting a taste.
If you'd be interested in seeing this odd vampire world, let me know.

Alright, as you know I've been crazy busy as of late.  My first book came out February 1st of this year and I immediately jumped into my other works.  Mine and Dennis' comic book Tourniquet is still trucking along and will be made available soon.  He's an incredible artist and I often joke that I'd love to clone him - couldn't tell you how much work I'd get done.

Just this past week I finished my horror anthology Sharp Items & Bad Intentions and immediately sent it off to my publisher.  While I thought I was done with my work on the other, more psychological anthology I'm co-writing, I was compelled to go back and top it off with one more short story; making it 10 stories in total.  The title of this book will be released soon.  Now it's in my co-writer's hands and she says it'll be done by the end of the month.  When that happens, we'll be looking for the right publisher for it.

Right now I'm looking forward to taking this weekend off and relaxing.  Starting Monday I'll be leaving horror be for a tad and stepping into sci-fi.  One of the projects with a friend and cowriter I'd been mentioning for a couple of posts and I will be working on a really interesting sci-fi romance and I will be getting back to my solo sci-fi book Last Rites of the Capacitance.  This book was started before the thought to push for the two horror anthologies had come up.  I'd turned in my first draft, got notes back and now I'm going for the second.  I'm excited for myself and these projects but I'm also excited for You to get a chance to read it all.
So far this year will be filled with-
1 poetry book,
2 different kinds of horror anthologies
2 different sci-fi books
1 comic book
And a slew of other things I can't really talk about yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment