Friday, April 29, 2016

Tourniquet News!

So early on in mine and Dennis Magnant's journey of monsters and comics, he had told his wife Naomi about it and he told me something to that of "She said she likes the story, but since she doesn't really care for comics, she thinks it would make a good book."  I didn't put too much thought into it at the time.  I was mainly looking at it as my artist was, a comic book.  It's come up a few more times since then.  Surprisingly Dennis himself was the one to bring it up.  When he and I aren't working on Tourniquet, I've been working on various projects, so writing a book version of the comic I'd already written wasn't really on my mind.

I know I've mentioned on this blog about this becoming a possibility but after the last time my friend and artist spoke it's really been weighing heavily on my mind.  I'm feeling it'll help our upcoming series and the world we've been creating thus far.  The plan for me really isn't to transfer the finished book to that of literature but to use my original scripts as an outline and write the book around them.  I'll be transferring all five scripts of the first story arc - as it'd been set up for a 5 issue arc.  It'll be slightly different from the finished book as there's always changes in the process.  With that difference I think it'll be fun for readers of both.

At the moment I am SWAMPED with work so I probably won't be able to get to it until summer and from their we will be self publishing it online.  We hope that when that time comes everyone will support it, especially those at www.facebook.com/tourniquetcomics

I'll be posting throughout the process, filling you guys in as I go.  It may be sooner than later depending on how my workload goes.

We hope to get the first issue out to you between now and then.  I know that may seem a bit off but we're getting done what we can in the time we're allotted.  Dennis gave a sneak peak to some of the others that were with him in his training retreat he went to for work and they all took to it pretty well so that's awesome.  We love our monsters and the crazy world they're in.  It's a straight up monster action book and we're proud of it. 

Sometimes things just take time and Tourniquet is one of those things.  So if everything goes smoothly Tourniquet: Recompense (the title chosen for the first arc) the book will be out by the end of the year and hopefully it'll help the comic in return.

Thanks, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment