Friday, April 29, 2016

Politics & Religion

Okay, so I don’t really post things like this on here as I’ve mainly made this blog for my work however there’s something on my mind...


Donald Trump’s proposed wall shows more problems than solutions. 
1. Logically; if a wall was going to make everything better than no house or vehicle would ever have trouble.
2. It’s not so much keeping others out but keeping us in. We’re setting ourselves up like the setting of Escape From New York, a prison. 
3. It shows cowardice by not facing problems head on.
4. Most importantly, this whole country was founded by immigrants. America has always been a melting pot for that reason. The idea of shutting others out from our country instantly eliminates what our forefathers fought for and set up for America and by rooting for such an action, you’re personally denying our history. The term ‘illegal aliens, illegal immigrants, etc’ makes me think of Nazi Germany as if someday we’ll have officials walking the streets asking to see our papers. Does any of this honestly sound like the United States of America? The citizens trying to make everything the way it was are denying history.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Emma Lazarus

I know the talk of the Wall is Mexico specific but, honestly, do you think they’ll stop there?

And I know you’re thinking, ‘Oh, he obviously doesn’t like Trump; he must be for Clinton or Sanders.’ Aaaaand No. Honestly, I don’t trust any of them. Part of me wishes we could have regional presidents (all under one congress) and that way instead of people of this great nation trying to move out of it, they could move to the region represented by the president of their choosing. Of course, I know that’s quite idealistic and would prove problems as well, probably resulting in another Civil War down the line; it’s simply a theory. But back to my ranting...

I’ve seen that a lot of the hard Christian Right back Trump wholeheartedly and I think it’s quite interesting as one of his big hooks is saying that it’s time for America to be greedy and grab and grab and grab. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins and supposed Christians are eating his words with great hunger. So they believe that such sin will ‘Make America great again’?

Which brings me to my next point...
I absolutely hate bigotry of any kind. I hate racism, homophobia, classism, etc etc. It makes me sick. As an American, it makes me sick to see that we can’t be a nation of One; we have to hate each other because we’re different from one another. We can’t even see our diversity as a blessing. We’re not a nation of carbon copies, clones cut out from a design and we see this as a BAD thing? It’s sad and, again, sickening. So many in our country want everyone to fall in line and clock in to the conformity while still claiming individualism and freedom of such. 

Furthermore, I’m a Christian and I’m as proud to be a Christian as I am proud to be an American. With that said, I take great umbrage when so many use the Bible as their reasoning for their bigotry and hatred. For some strange reason they think they’re doing the Lord’s work by denying others service due to a difference of opinion. Now, these days there’s a fine line between preference and prejudice. Just because you don’t agree with someone’s lifestyle doesn’t mean you hate them or are against them; I understand this, however, when you try to strip them of their human rights it crosses a line. 

A lot of these people, supposed Christians, love to cherry-pick the Bible and quote scripture for their reasoning. But I know in my heart that most of these people haven’t read the whole book, and, if they have, are clearly choosing to ignore important things and going off of how they feel; which is essentially them playing God and making decisions themselves. It’s easy to pick something out and say “But GOD says...” The reason why I say I don’t believe them to have to read the whole book is because it has an ending that sums everything up. Would you read ANY book only to ignore the end and its lesson? 

The LAST chapter of the LAST book in the Bible is The Revelation Chapter 22.
22:9-14
Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.


This lesson is simple and appears to be quite looked over. When it’s all said and done, live and let live, YOU’RE not the judge or the decider, GOD will judge us all when the time comes. For those who pick out things from the Bible to use it against their fellow man, they should read ALL of it before passing judgment or jumping to conclusions on what they believe. I’ve been to churches where the pastors preach such hatred and bigotry, like many of their brainwashed followers, not paying attention to the importance of the very end of the story. These are the same people who are trying to ‘Make America Great Again’ while claiming their Faith; people who don’t even look at it all before throwing stones, accusations, and proclaiming themselves worthy of such titles as Children of God. So the next time you see people mistreated by people who use the Bible as their source, just remember what it all comes down to. 


With that off my chest, I can get back to work.  In the words of Mick Foley, Have a nice day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment